And how was your June?
Mine? Well, let’s see. I did a handful or thirty things.
I think I’ll make a list. It’s long. With pictures.
1. Spent eight days in Orlando, Florida, at Walt Disney World with my hubby and sons. I highly recommend going. HIGHLY. And get the regular meal plan. SO. WORTH. IT.
2. My baby boy, the five and ONE QUARTER-year old, had a few Tball games and practices. Love going to these. There are fewer funnier things, in my opinion, than watching five and six year olds play Tball. Good for the soul, it is.
3. My ALMOST seven-year old stepson spent five weeks with us. Oh, I miss him already. He’s such a joy to have and pretty dog-gone funny. Did I mention he has mad dance moves? Indeed he does. Indeed, indeed.
4. My oldest, the 10-year old, began his summer basketball season. Got new basketball shoes and everything. Fay-yun-cee. He’s never played before so we are hoping he learns some great skills so that he can play like his 6’4″ Uncle David.
5. Did some fun activities with my BSers. My BSers, Bible Studiers, and I had Pool Tuesdays, went to a movie, picked blackberries with our kiddos and are excited about our upcoming cookout at my house where we could have 24 adults and easy 20+ kids. Yowza. Good times.
6. Cooked a lot, cleaned some. Do you have ANY idea the amount of dirt three boys bring into a house? Did I mention they play outside a good portion of the day? Yes, right. DUHR-TEE.
7. Read three books. Tribes by Seth Godin, Axiom by Bill Hybels and Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Seven more books to read before school starts. Tribes was okay mainly because most of it was over my head, Axiom was uh-MAY-zing and I’m still processing Crazy Love. A good, uncomfortable processing.
8. Enjoyed many hours on the back porch with my hubby, @chrisdbeall. We seriously built our house with that porch in mind. It has not disappointed.
9. Had a few doctor’s appointments. My bloodwork showed that with my 30-lb. weight loss, my cholesterol has dropped from 213 (back in December) to 166. THAT IS A 47-POINT DROP! Hoping that means I can get off my meds. We’ll see 🙂 Woo hop!
10. Oh, and I finished my first draft of my new book. I FINISHED MY FIRST DRAFT OF MY NEW BOOK!!! Can you tell I’m excited? Doesn’t mean that there won’t be more work ahead because there will be. What it means is that I FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT OF MY NEW BOOK!!! Sorry for the yelling, but I. AM. SUPER. THRILLED. At least 80% of it is NEW content so if you have read the one I have on my website, stay tuned. And please pray. I don’t know what sort of route we’ll take with publishing.
But enough about me. What about you? I feel like I don’t know what’s going on in your life. So, will you tell me? Give me a comment and give me some of your June highlights.
Cuz I sure missed you.