- Not only have did we sing and lead worship for the first nine years of our ministry, but we come from quite talented parents.
- I took six years of piano lessons and also sang in choirs all the way through my first year of college. Including a show choir where I danced AND sang. I know, right?
- Chris can literally hear almost any song and pick it out on the piano or guitar. He can also play a mean drum solo of Brick House. Now she’s a brick…duh, duh, duh, duh…house. Don’t even get him started.
- My Mother, Nancy, was a music major in college and has sung in the church choir ever since. She has often had many solos in the Christmas Dinner theater. Hello? Talent, folks.
- My father, Joe, also sang in the church choir and could also sing some mean Ronnie Milsap tunes with his 8-track player. Smoky Mountain Rain, anyone?
- Chris’ mother, Claire, has completely perfect pitch. The woman can tell you the note you are singing! Yes she can! And she is quite the composer. The day I met her I was asked to sing and I asked, “Do you know I’ve Got A Crush On You?” And she was like, “Pashaw. What key?” I didn’t know so I just started singing. She jumped in immediately in the correct key. I wouldn’t kid about such a thing.
- Chris’ father, Charles, has a master’s degree in opera performance. He’s held many a lead in dinner theaters and was the head of Indiana University’s music department years ago. He even gave voice lessons to John Cougar Mellencamp. That’s what I thought.
The Beall family watches American Idol. We have since Season 2. Season 1 ran past us before we could jump on the bandwagon. We love the show. Why? Because we are a musical family and love music and listen to music and love to sing and play music and love it, love it, love it. And I think we have good reason to be asked to be the judges one day. See our musical resume below: